For children and younger people with Autism (ASD), these services may include
- Supporting the child/young person in managing their emotional health and wellbeing.
- Supporting the child/young person and the family in learning how to manage impairments in
communication, social interaction and imaginative play associated with Autism (ASD).
- To develop and monitor teaching programmes which are adaptable to the family lifestyles/systems
- A functional approach to examining and effectively managing distressed behaviours.
- Develop, support implementation and monitor a home-based intervention programme with realistic
goals/objectives that fit the child/young person and family lifestyle. This may include parent/guardian
training where necessary.
- Incorporating a holistic approach so that the child/young person does not feel like he/she
is singled out.
- Raising awareness and supporting the child/young person and the family learn more about all levels
of Autism (ASD) including what was formely known as Asperger's Syndrome.