- Meeting the autistic individual where they are, and making connection with the individual on their terms.
- Counselling & Psychotherapeutic support with regards to emotional health and wellbeing; in managing issues around anger, anxiety, bereavement, bullying, depression, eating issues, life transitions, phobias, procrastination, relationships, self-harming behaviours, social skill support, stress management, substance abuse and suicidal thoughts/behaviours; amongst other issues.
- Person-centred planning for adults so that their autistic experience can be integrated into their goals to achieve the outcomes they need.
- Counselling and therapeutic support for adults who are having difficulty coming to terms with their autistic experience and learn how to become more independent.
- Help adults develop/manage work related skills inclusive of self-help skills, work habits and routines; employer/employee and employee/employee relationships; task related skills; and work attitudes.
- Supporting Adults in developing social networks to help manage impact of social exclusion.
- Counselling & Psychotherapeutic support in preparing Adults for life transitions e.g. going to university, getting a job and other life changing events as identified by the client.
I will always assess any individual needs outside any of the supports above, that are specific to the individual to determine if I can be of any support and be clear around what that may look like.